Thursday, November 04, 2004

Do you know where you're going to?

Here at SF State - there was quite a scene yesterday -shouting, crying, cursing, walk-outs and protests. The campus republicans had a table set up on the quad. Their Bush Cheney signs upset many students and campus police stood quietly next to their table just in case.

The general feeling here is sadness, disapointment, confusion. But it is a done deal. Instead of wondering or debating about what happened - people should start thinking about what now. Whoever you support, I think most people agree that we are not were we should be.

I am sad to hear people say things will never change. It frustrates me that while many first-time voters turned out to vote for their presidential pick many still remained uninformed about the measures and propositions affecting their state and communities. These are the things that make changes we can see, in our streets at our schools.

Let's talk about the fact that Cali's 3-stikes law was NOT amended. Whether you voted Yes or No - this was an important proposotion. That is the right here - right now. We can't change the world over night. We have to start somewhere. Our own neighborhoods are a good place - don't ya think?

Sabrina Ford, Bay Area - student journalist

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger clowny said...

Anonymous, not quite because unlike "in '92": more American lives will be lost in the next 4 years (why? not because of WMDs), more Americans will lose their jobs and healthcare benefits, more millionaires and corporations will get tax breaks, the Deficit will get bigger, the air we breathe and water we drink will be less safe, and people who think moral values is about "us" paying less for gas and "them" being bombed in their neighborhoods can feel like they've won a righteous battle.

I pity you.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger bmo said...

I love how this post is about unity and here everyone is bitching at eachother. Oh poor me, no one shares my views, give it a rest. So you (librals) think the war is wrong, while I (could care less what you call me) think that killing babies is wrong. Oh the hell is anyone to say whos right. I live in MN which voted Kerry and now for the next 4 years all I get to do is listen to bitching. That is worse then anything the Presidant will do, a bunch of whinny bastards that think their way is the best way. I don't know that I was right in voting Bush, hell I don't even like the guy that much, but he was better then Kerry in my opinion. I am entitled to that right, my own opinion? So maybe you should go and bitch at the parties and tell them to find people to run that we actually want in office, not some douche bag that is the 'I guess I'd rather have him' guy. I don't think this should be about the liberals uniting together or the conservatives uniting together, it should be about all of us uniting. You can't change things over night so why does everyone keep pushing for the extreames? Lets me in the middle some where and go from there.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you can't even spell! No one on this blog has been attacking people as directly and harshly as you Mr. Anonymous!!

love you anyway,
Ms. Anonymous

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling blue? I like this guy's idea.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Overd0g said...

It's so amusing to listen to the phony democrats (small d) when they lose. They are all for democracy when they win, but only when they win. When they lose, it's because the majority are idiots, or "we didn't communicate our ideas well enough", or the "media" railroaded us. Guess what? It's just as possible that people did hear and understand your ideas, but simply disagreed with them. And it's possible they aren't all idiots. Sometimes what you believe in isn't widely respected. Sometimes you are wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home