Monday, August 15, 2005

10 Percent of Doctors Agree....Money Talks!

Could your family doc go the way of Martha Stewart? 'Cording to this article in the latest New York Times, pharmaceutical investors are scrambling to be matched up with doctors for "consulting"--and 10 percent of America's 700,00 physicians have been happy to oblige.

Sounds alright--except that doctors might be divulging "insider information" to their investor buddies, which in turn leads to insider trading, which in turn leads to "Wall Street," the hit 1987 film about stock markets and shoulder pads.

New York Times: Doctor's Links With Investors Causes Concern

The Securities and Exchange Commission is currently looking into things. Take 'em down!

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. And my doctor wears shoulder pads, too. I knew she was hella evil, but now I have proof.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Genelia said...

Oooh, favorable comments (thanks Mom). From now on, I'm including Simpson-ized pictures in ALL my posts. I don't care if I hafta hand-draw a little yellow Karl Rove myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home