Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Katrina and the Six-Legged Chicken

Right, we all know that KFC's 11 herbs and spices coat only the freshest six-legged mutant chickens. Tommy Hilfiger? Hella racist. And Mountain Dew lowers your sperm count.

Except we don't. They're all urban legends, juicy little rumors that rampage until they're killed by master debunkers like Snopes.com

The latest round of urban legends neatly ties together two news stories, gas prices and the massive hurricane tragedy unfolding in the south. Will the hurricane cause widespread gas station closures on the East Coast? (No) Will Katrina cause shortages of coffee? (Probably not) And how the heck did Hugo Chavez, president of Venen-zualia and favoured Pat Robertson bulls-eye, get mixed up in this mess? Read all about it at Snopes here.

And yes, you are morally obligated to click on this. That much-awaited MP3 player purchase can wait a few more weeks. Besides, iPods cause scurvy. Proven fact. Really. My best friend's aunt's cousin said...

5 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Software Idea #1 - Collaborative Creativity
As Technical Director of a software company , part of my job is to devise and develop ideas for new Internet-based software products.
I say that you've touched the lives of more people than you'll ever know......you are loved, cared about and prayed for by so many......your gift is truly a gift to all of us.

Ted
homeschool science

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Upgrades E-Mail Search
FACED WITH MOUNTING COMPETITION FROM rival e-mail providers like Google and America Online, Yahoo! is upgrading its free e-mail service.
This is a great blog with much good info.
My main interest is genealogy, and I have written a genealogy book which you can find along with many articles at my site. I believe it's the only genealogy book of its kind, dealing specifically with search for noble ancestors.

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man who sit on hot stove will rise again, but man who caught in hurricane aftermath will be swimming with fishies.

Sometimes the greatest sacrifice is giving up something small to make a big difference for someone else.

- CWM

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my .org employment oregon state site.
Good luck!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my .org employment oregon state site.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home