Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hope Edith Wasn't Practicing Her Acceptance Speech

There he is, Mr. New Supreme Court Justice. Will Bush's candidate John Roberts threaten the hanging-by-a-thread Roe Vs. Wade? Will he give a thumbs-down to gay marriage? Will he ban back-row snuggling at the movies? I'm not sure, but I do know that his his history is a little troubling--as a Justice Department lawyer in 1990, he argued that Roe Vs. Wade "should be overruled." But then again, in 2003, he said that R v. W was "the settled law of the land" and "there's nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent." So...I'm gonna mull that one over until my head explodes.

In more shallow news, you gotta feel sorry for Edith Clement--up until this afternoon, news websites were featuring her picture on their front pages as the likely next SCJ. DENIED! I can only hope moderate (sob) Edith Clement is hatching some diabolical revenge plot against mean old conservative (sob sob) John Roberts, perhaps by ringing his doorbell and running away before somebody opens the door. But whatever works.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that the Roe VS.Wade case was a bit crazy.Also I think Edith was a bit cofused because how can you overrule a case one year, then want or say you always believed this law should have been in exisitance.That is totally contradicting your self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home