Friday, February 11, 2005

Al Franken rules out Senate bid - for now

Oh I so hope he does run in 2008. Then Minnesota can boast of having a wrestler as both Mayor of Brooklyn Park and Governor as well as former drug addict and comedian Al Franken as Senator. Hot Dog! Democracy in action!

Mind you, Franken did say in 1995, "I did my share of cocaine & LSD."

WASHINGTON - Comedian and radio host Al Franken has ruled out a run for the U.S. Senate in 2006, but says 2008 is a different story.

Franken, known for aggressively mocking right-wing politicians and media personalities, told his listeners on Thursday that he would not be a candidate for the open Senate seat in Minnesota.

"Minnesotans are very serious about their politics and it would be silly. I don't live there," he said.

Franken said that his commitment to Air America, the liberal talk-radio network that broadcasts his show, was also a factor in his decision. His contract runs for two more years..."I have been looking at the 2008 Senate seat, people know that," he added. "If I go in 2008, you're going to see me moving back there."

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/02/10/Arts/franken050210.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home