Tuesday, November 02, 2004

OKAY, SO I DID IT

I showed up at 10am and saw a long line, but I planned for that. I bought my book.

The good news, for me at least was that there were 4 lines separated by last name and the s-z line was the shortest. I'm not sure why this always happens at conventions, conferences, etc. The L-R line is always really long and the S-Z is always much shorter, so why don't they make it like L-P and Q-Z or something? I don't know.

I was in line for an hour, much shorter than many people who told me they had already been in line for an hour before I got there (too bad they had the wrong last name). My big gripe was this one chick in the L-R line next to me that kept whining about how long it was taking. She was grabbing every election worker that passed by and telling them how their operation wasn't working and this was unacceptable. Blah! Blah! Blah! I was glad to finally get to vote just to get away from her.

She didn't look like an idiot, so why did she think this was going to be like the drive thru at BK? Has it not been said every day on every channel, every station and in every paper or website that there would be a record number of voters today and that the lines would be longer than ever?

So, it's over for me. A Prez, VPrez, Congressman and 2 Ammendments. I'm still holding on to this dream that the election will be a blowout so the challenges will be limited. I don't think for a second we'll know who is Prez tonight, but hopefully it won't go on as long as the last one.

GOTV --- GOTV ---- GOTV --- GOTV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home