Monday, September 26, 2005

You'll Pry My Keys Out of My Cold, Dead...

Raise prices, invade Iranistan, I don't care--but don't make us conserve gasoline. God, you know things are bad when Mr. "I pour a liter of Texas T over my cornflakes in the morning" Bush is advocating the filthy C-word.

New York Times: President Calls for Less Driving To Conserve Gas

Right, I like the idea of public transport, everybody leaving their gas guzzlers at home and skipping along to work holding hands. But...I hate public transport. I ride BART every day to work, and it's excruciating. It's slow and expensive and smelly people always sit down next to me. Until we get a cheap, efficient transit system, calling for conservation won't help--and I'm still driving my car to the corner store everytime I want milk and a packet of gum.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger flika said...

uh, ok, people need to STOP using blogs to advertise their lame-ass sites!

that said, i agree with you, giselle. yeah, i like the IDEA of public transportation, but public transportation itself sucks!

blame gm, firestone, and standard oil for that one. they conspired in the 1920s to run public trans into the ground so more people would buy cars. it's all documented in the film, "taken for a ride."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home