Friday, June 09, 2006

Email from an American overseas on the death of Zarqawi

Here's an account of the morning of Zarqawi's death that was posted on a MySpace bulletin (MySpace and YouTube are probably the best things to happen to the internet since Al Gore). It's a nice little slice of a soldier's daily life...

From: "Travis Gluesenkamp"

Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 07:05:33 -0500

Holy cow. at 1200 our time I was laying in bed. I woke up cause I heard a few gunsots. as I was putting my boots on I heard more gun fire. then a machine gun. I grabbed my weapon and ran to the roof thinking we were being over run. I got to the roof and bullets were flying every where. the was shooting in all directions. It sounded like the entire city was fighting its self. some rounds hit right were I was taking cover. I got a little worried cause I forgot to put on my body armor and helmet. I was just up there in a tshirt. So we got hunkered down and were looking to see who was shooting at us. we couldn't see anyone, but we could hear where it was comming from, and the rounds were still hitting around us. then over the radio we heard thet they killed zarqawi. the y were shooting to celebrate. the IP and Iraqi army were shooting every bullet they had. We went back inside because it was getting to dangerous to stay outside. plus we cant shoot them because they arn't firing "at" us. the shooting went on for a half hour, and just as it was winding down the insugents started to mortar us. I guess they weren't as happy about his death. So needless to say it was a wild morning.

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Patrick Anderson said...

I don't think this battle will stop here. There will be more Al-Zarqawi's and Bush will be in trouble.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Suneel said...

No, patrick. I think this is the end of Insurgency.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home