Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What...eating healthy might not matter?

The Women's Health Initiative, huge a federal study, reported that you're diet may not really matter in the scheme of things. The group did a study to see if a reduced fat diet really lowered the risk of breast cancer, colon caner and heart disease in women.

The study was comprised of 49,000 people, putting some of them on the low fat diet. The results? The women on a low fat diet were not any healthier then the women on a fat one.

So does this mean I all those well-balanced healthy non-processed meals I am eating are pointless? All this time I could have been eating cheesecake instead of reduced fat string cheese?

I don't know. I still think eating "right" has its benefits, including increased energy and maintaining a healthy weight. I hope people don't use this study as an excuse to continue stuffin' their face with Big Macs. Lets face it, while this study night have some validity, American's are fat and we don't need any excuses to continue our bad eating habits.

Check out the NYT article

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I heard them talk about this on NPR. Apparently no one monitored what the group of "nonfat" eaters actually ate. They were just given tips on what to eat. From what I know about people and their diets, I'm sure that lasted a week at the most and they were eating ho-ho's the rest of the time. Also, they said that the study did not differentiate between good fats (HDL) and bad fats (LDL), which makes a significant difference.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger BarnsleyFreeads.com said...

If you want a seriosly good laugh watch these hillariously funny videos
http://watchthisfunnyvideonow.com/taf/?x=23077XlRf Gay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home