Thursday, November 10, 2005

Walmart Might be the Devil

If you’re like me, Walmart was probably your best friend growing up. If I needed some toothpaste-- I went to Walmart. If a friend was having a birthday party and I was confined to a $5 budget--that’s right, mom took me to Walmart. If I was bored in the middle of the night and wanted to pass time by trying on random clothes and shoes-- Walmart was there for me.

But Walmart might not be as friendly as we think.

In his new movie entitled "Walmart, the High Cost of a Low Price,” Robert Greenwald exposed the truth behind Walmart's tactics...and some of them ain't pretty. The film, which isn't in mainstream theatres, is a "feature length documentary that uncovers a retail giant's assault on families and American values."

There are 7000 free screenings of the film across the nation, making it the largest grassroots mobilization in movie history.

Click here to buy the film for $12.95, to sign up to go to a free screening, or to host a screening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home