Sunday, July 31, 2005

Venezuela Condemns U.S. Push to Broadcast

Now, don’t get me wrong… Venezuela’s government is far from being the most democratic and just and efficient government in the world, but I might have to be on Chavez’s side on this one.

Since when did we start decided what news is fit to print in other countries? How does one government have the power to control the news broadcasts in another country? Am I the only one missing something here?

The Venezuelan government is corrupt and suppresses the freedoms of its local journalists and media outlets so we respond by forcing our corporate monopolized media outlets on them? Fighting fire with hypocritical fire, I guess.

And let the crusades continue.

Venezuela Condemns U.S. Push to Broadcast
Source: Associated Press
by Christopher Toothaker
07/22/2005

CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan leaders have condemned a U.S. decision to transmit broadcasts to this South American country to ensure its citizens receive "accurate news."

The U.S. House approved a measure this week authorizing the government "to initiate radio and television broadcasts that will provide a consistently accurate, objective, and comprehensive source of news to Venezuela." It must still be approved by the Senate.

President Hugo Chavez, frequent critic of Washington, has vowed to jam the signals.

National Assembly President Nicolas Maduro, a close ally of Chavez, said Thursday that any such broadcasts "would violate the sovereignty our airwaves ... and we cannot permit that."

Chavez's Venezuelan critics said the move by U.S. lawmakers was an understandable response to what they claim are the leftist president's efforts to export his so-called "Bolivarian Revolution."

Florida Rep. Connie Mack, who proposed the move, says Chavez has limited press freedoms in his country.

"If Hugo Chavez is contending that freedom of the press exists, he would have no problem with this," Mack said in a telephone interview. "It's important that the people of Venezuela have an outlet for more freedom and democratic discussions."

Henry Ramos, a member of the Democratic Action opposition party, said Chavez broadcasts his "ideological and hegemonic project ... to other countries."

Venezuela's government has repeatedly rejected claims by organizations such as the Miami-based Inter American Press Association and Human Rights Watch that recent laws approved the Chavez-dominated Congress have eroded press freedoms.
--------
hadj williams www.knockthehustle.com // author@knockthehustle.com

9 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.




camping recipe


Hi matey and blog buddies, enjoyed the blog most interesting. Not sure how well you are doing in driving more traffic to your blog but If you are interested in promoting your site and getting more visitors (aren't we all??) I would definitely recommend the free Link Referral Program.

I have a website featuring camping recipe amongst other stuff and after trying every seo software/program on the net I got tipped off by an IT techi mate that the Link Referral Program was the best - more importantly it's free!!

The signup process was quick and before long my hits increased dramatically. Consequently my affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS my website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If you didn't need this advice then I am sorry but you did have anonymous posting enabled on your blog. If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)









the Link Referral Program

.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always emailed this web site post page to all my associates, since if
like to read it after that my contacts will
too.

Look into my webpage: Louis Vuitton Handbags

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What i don't understood is in fact how you're not actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you might be right now.
You're very intelligent. You already know thus significantly on the subject of this subject, made me in my view imagine it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women are not interested except it's something to accomplish with Girl
gaga! Your own stuffs excellent. All the time maintain it up!


Look at my weblog: wealthwayonline.com

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am truly pleassant to read everthing at single place.


My web page ... Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here different web
page and thought I might check things out.
I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.


Check out my web page - Air Max

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this paragraph i thought i could also make comment due to this sensible piece of writing.


Also visit my webpage Abercrombie and Fitch

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any browser
compatibility problems? A small number of my blog readers have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome.
Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?


Here is my web page Louis Vuitton Outlet

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your blog.

It seems like some of the text within your posts are running off the screen.
Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this
is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my browser because
I've had this happen before. Thanks

My blog post; Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

 
At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, all is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's in fact good, keep up writing.

my web-site Chaussure De Foot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home