Thursday, June 02, 2005

Baby get the baby 'cause babies are killing babies.

Hide your daughters...because I don't want to get stabbed by one of them. A 9-year-old girl, described as "a little thug" by a neighbor in a New York Daily News article, stabbed Queen Washington of Brooklyn, her 11-year-old best friend, to death with a kitchen knife over a pink rubber ball.

Marvin, what's goin' on? Let's blame that videogame where that drugged-up carjacker runs around killing people for Tonka Trucks or that movie where a game of double-dutch turns into a vicious massacre on the playground after a Bubbalicious deal goes sour. Okay, all sarcasm aside, violent games and movies may have desensitized this little girl, that's what psychologists are saying in a follow-up story in the New York Daily News .

Maybe she didn't intend to kill her friend. Maybe she thought that a knife to the chest was like an anvil falling on Daffy Duck's head, that her friend would spring back to life and they'd share a laugh and bounce their pink rubber ball in their happy tenement building amongst the green grass, sunshine, and chirping birds. Or maybe they live in a gritty project building with cracks in the building's foundation and thugs on the corner where violence occurs daily. I said "maybe;" I don't know any of this as fact. What is a fact, is that momma wasn't around at 1:30 pm when the incident occurred which allowed the little girl to run in to the flat and grab a knife. Bad parenting + bad environment = bad luck for Queenie. I know this equation is too simple but there are too many factors that could have contributed to this unfortunate event. All I can do is say: Damn, this world is crazy. Need more proof? Read this article about a 7-year-old beating his 7 month old half-sister to death with a two-by-four . I wish I was making this stuff up.

-Zoneil Maharaj

7 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Julia said...

Of course there could be tons of reasons why this happen. But America is truly obsessed with violence. We see it all the time and it is dangerous when we start equating violence with entertainment. What do we think will happen?

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger NewhampshireMan12 said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my Sign Language for Babiessite


Thanks

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


TV Central - Download full TV shows and series, newest movies, plus other downloads. Watch TV and movies online. Burn Them right to Blank CD's and watch them over and over again.

Messenger City - 10,000+ emoticons - Use Yahoo, MSN, ICQ and AIM all in one, skins, nicknames, bots, add-ons, emoticons, avatars and smilies.

Baja música gratis ahora. Busca y encuentra MP3, Películas, Software y más. Downloads ilimitados, Quema CDs & DVDs.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Jkimbo said...

Enjoyed your blog! I have bookmarked it.
babies

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There, I was just blogging around and found your page!
Very cool,
I like finding all this variety.
If you are interested, go see my german baby name related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest.

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous videogame endings said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my videogame endings site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home