Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Marry an American, and more...

Okay, people are joking (I think) about leaving the country.

So some folks have come up with a pretty nifty date-site called Marry An American, designed to pair up anxious liberals with their matches.

Meanwhile, I put a joke ad in Craigslist that reads:

Need Reverse Green Card


Young-ish, nubile-ish single female seeks to marry man with EU citizenship so I can get out of this country.

Okay, this ad is a joke.... I'm actually writing an article... If you have EU citizenship--or other citizenship-- and
have been propositioned by desperate American females, please email with the story.


=====

Silly, you say? Mais bien sur! But here are the responses I got:

"I am european and have been asked many times, in fact this morning I was asked 4 times if I could not help them to restart their life in Europe. it sounds like this is the next wave of exodus of intellect. The US attracted smart people in the 80s with their green card lotteries. now, with Irland the last EU country closing a loophole, Europe will be the target for smart people to live and work in. "

(Anonymous)

====================

"another effin' research project.."

(Anonymous)

===================

"Hi there-

One of my hip friends put me on to your ad. I am 34, an American citizen, but I have an Irish passport.

My mother was born in Ireland, and under Irish law, I am eligible for citizenship even though I was born in Boston. I applied for the passport a few years ago when I was working in the EU for a client (I am a lawyer) for an extended period of time. An Irish passport allows the holder to live and work anywhere in the EU.

I think the reason that my friend put me on to your ad is that my Irish passport has been an endless source of fascination for members of the opposite sex. I have never been married, and my mother would tell you that the steady stream of girlfriends is less than healthy. The Irish passport has only helped with the volume of that stream.

I suspect that your interest in this topic is motivated by something other than your article. Otherwise, why bother advertising that you are nubile-ish? Anyway, I have never met someone online, although I have dated someone because of my passport (she and I traveled a bit in Europe last year and she used to make me whisper in a brogue sweet nothings in her ear during intimate moments). It would be fun to meet you."

(Name)

"p.s. I have a picture (not a passport picture!) if you are interested because I am guessing that I am not the first guy who has a told an anonymous woman via email that he is tall, handsome, athletic, smart and successful."

===========


"I have kept my EU Passport & Citizenship............because I know they will come in handy!

Especially after last night, with MORON Bush for another 4 years, Americans are being snubbed in Europe.

Most Americans do not realized, yet slowly but surely the EU Economy of 450 million people... with far superior education...will surpass the American Economy in not too much time.

Anyone with half a brain, may watch the decline of the US Dollar vs the Euro..... but that is way to difficult of a concept to grasp for most Americans.... who are way too busy buying Wal Mart trinkets and other useless garbage!

I am happy to have kept my papers..............

Sure, If a beautiful woman needs my help, I'll consider matters.............."

 (Initial)

====================

"You can leave ANY TIME you want to. Still HERE??? Guess you DIDN'T really leave too badly. I'll even pay for the fucking
plane ticket. You should live in Baghdad. STUPID BITCH ! ! !
GO, GET THE FUCK OUT ! ! !"

(Anonymous)

======================

"Hi,

First of all you might wonder why I found your posting. I don't want you to think that I was browsing the personals on Craigslist, no no,... ok let's talk about something else.

My name is (extremely long European name) but I have to cut that to (initials) since I'm in the States. I'm from France and Monaco, I was raised almost entirely in North of France and spent few years in Germany. After my PhD I worked between Paris and Stuttgart before leaving to the Silicon Valley.

I'm living and working in the bay area since 5 years now. It's indeed my final year as an H1-B but my company is filling for a green card for me. I own the equivalent of 2BS, 2 MS and a PhD, plus few years of experience, so this adjustement of status should be easy to get.

Anyway a lot of my friends find another way to get their residency status cleared: they got married (for real, not with a fake union) and I have to admit that several time few girls wanted me to admit that it was an easier way to get a green card.

I would say that two girls, two friends, proposed directly and seriously. One single mom with whom I was living as roommate for 3 years and one who might really want to get married.

On top of that I recall at least half a dozen of proposals I got from girls I met at parties, mainly friends of friends, or girls working in my company. Two of them gave me a price rather quickly in the conversation: $5K or $10K down and $400 or $500 /month for the next 4 years.

I'm not desperate to work in this country but I like my job, I like my company and I love living in San Francisco. If I have any problem to stay in the US next year I will be very sad but on the bright side I will not have to pay those $40K/year in tax and medicare. I'm sure that a lot of countries are willing to accept me.

I have to admit that I'm not in the same situation as an illegal alien who came here to seek an El Dorado. Even my nanny had her own butler. I have never seen a boat people of refugees from Monaco and if such thing exists one day I'm sure it would be a nice yacht.

I'm confident with my immigration lawers and the work they just began to set up my labor certificat, so I'm very optimistic to get my green card this way but if anything happens, I could put half a million $ in a business and apply for residency. This way might be cheaper than a weeding, especially in California.

If you want more informations about the proposals I had, feel free to send me back an email at (email)

Good luck for your article"

(Initials)

=============

"Funny ad young lady, my complements. I do have a EU Passport and grew up there but have
grown to love this country here. Not interested so much in participating in a political survey though as much as I am interested in dating on of the great ladies of this free country.
43,5-11,and sharp."

(initial)

===============

"go to bed ! !"

(Anonymous)

13 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post! When I saw the news this morning I thought, "France or Italy...?" after crying.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Braidwood said...

Ha! I have heard several people say they want to leave the country now. Funny experiment.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Rigel said...

While I'm not about to put out an ad for someone to marry me, I have actually thought about leaving the country if Bush was still our president. Some people are joking, but some may be serious.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger larrylin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I�ve been browsing the net for something related to single dating free personals and found this site - http://top-personals.net. It�s a guide to online personals and single dating free personals.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Zipp said...

Hi,

Well I wish to start a similar blog on the net
I was out blogging and bookmarked your blog on the net

Keep posting so I can keep navigating. I wish to learn more how to create a similar blog on the net.

Regards,
blog on the net

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this blog when looking for lavalife personals and I think it is very nice.
Regards, Kate @ Top Adult Personals

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I found this blog when looking for erotic personals and I think it is very nice.
Regards, Kate @ Top Adult Personals

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excite adult personals

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great love poem romance

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,聊天室,UT聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人圖片區

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人

 

Post a Comment

<< Home